|The Unusual Suspects|
|Written By||Mirith JS Colao|
|Directed By||Sherie Pollack|
|Original Airdate||January 17, 1998|
|Previous||"Have You Ever Been Unsupervised"|
|Next||"Nicky Gone Bad"|
When the school's otter statue goes missing, Principal Hickey calls in Pepper Ann and some of her friends into his office to try to find out who took it. As everyone starts to tell him what they were doing and what happened, the information points towards one suspect - Pepper Ann!
Milo: Whoa, step back, principal man! That otter was my friend, and I didn't steal him!
Trinket: Face it, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Mitch: That is only half true!
Dieter: Sam Scoop here! ...Yes, this is Dieter.
- The note Vera hands Principal Hickey is dated 4/18/87 and signed Vice Principal Hickey, meaning Principal Hickey was originally the vice principal of Hazelnut Middle School.
- This episode's title is a twist on the title of the 1995 film The Usual Suspects.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Mitch
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Don Adams as Principal Hickey
- Jim Cummings as Mr. Roland Carter, News Stand Owner
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Kimmy Robertson as Gwen Mezzrow
- Jenna Von Oy as Trinket St. Blaire