|Written By||Matthew Negrete & Nahnatchka Khan|
|Directed By||Sherie Pollack|
|Original Airdate||November 8, 1997|
|Previous||"Snot Your Mother's Music"|
|Next||"Crush and Burn"|
Pepper Ann is embarrassed that she still likes the family tradition of dressing up and singing "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain". Meanwhile at school, Milo's submission for the logo of Clean Up Lupkin Park is rejected and everyone continues to scream at the sight of his artwork throughout the episode. Pepper Ann volunteers to help make the cleanup "cooler", and Aunt Janie mistakenly takes Pepper Ann's suggestion of a rock concert to mean a talent show.
Aunt Janie puts Pepper Ann in charge of auditions, and when all of the auditions are "uncool", Pepper Ann manages to get Craig Bean's band to play in the show, but on their way to the event they encounter some of Milo's sidewalk art and Craig loses his voice. Pepper Ann ends up learning the real meaning on coolness.
Janie: Hi-diddle-dental, my Volunteer-Mental!
Pepper Ann: I am single-handedly responsible for making the most uncool event even uncooler.
Saw something wretched, lost my voice. Later.
~ Craig's note to Pepper Ann
Moose: Peppie, cool's not about age. It's about attitude.
Milo: Yeah, here I am, Milo Kamalani, artist extraordinaire, and I don't care what you or your overly-sensitive girlfriend thinks! ...I do care that you're bigger than me.
- First appearance of Bronte Bladdar.
The Desk Gag Edit
"Alright, Mardi-Gras beads!"
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Craig Bean, Ned Diggety
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Segall as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Mom
- Kath Soucie as Cissy Rooney, Additional Voices
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Tina Insana as Uncle JoJo
- BeBe Neuwirth as Ms. Bronte Bladdar
- Susan Tolsky as Aunt Janie