|That's My Dad|
|Written By||Matthew Negrete & Nahnatchka Khan|
|Directed By||Brad Goodchild|
|Original Airdate||January 16, 1999|
|Previous||"A No Hair Day"|
|Next||"You Oughta Be in Musicals!"|
Trinket convinces Pepper Ann that, because Pepper Ann doesn't live with her dad, she doesn't know a lot about him. To prove her wrong, Pepper Ann gets her dad to try out for a new game show called "That's My Dad". In the end, Pepper Ann learns that living together isn't what matters.
Dieter: Are you crazy? I love "Guess My Mama"! When the phony mamas have to confess their lies...oh, it gives me skin bumps!
Chuck: What does it matter if you don't know what kind of socks I wear or if I can name your ten favorite vegetables?
Pepper Ann: Mom, how come Dad's letters to you are all cut up just when they start to get interesting?
Milo: Your parents were married?
- This is the first episode that shows Chuck's face.
- "Guess My Mama" is first mentioned in this episode. Principal Hickey mentions it again in "Strike it Or Not".
- The "I Can't Believe It's Not Pizza" frozen pizza in the freezer is a parody of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and the "Bob & Jimmy's Lofat Frozen Yogurt" is a parody of Ben & Jerry's. "Steinfelb" is also a parody of "Seinfeid" and "Mad at You" is a parody of "Mad About You". "Walnut Street Journal" is a spin on The Wall Street Journal.
- When the scene first changes to the cafeteria and Dieter is talking about Guess My Mama, the chairs the group is sitting in are yellow. When the scene changes to Tessa and Vanessa, we can see that they're now dark green. Then when Trinket starts speaking, they're yellow once again, but only at this table, and when Pepper Ann confronts Trinket, they're green again.
- When Nicky stands up from the lunch table and says "Look at the time!", her mouth doesn't move.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson
- Maurice LaMarche as Chuck Pearson
- Cree Summer-Francks as Tessa and Vanessa James
- Kath Soucie as Gina & Tina
- Jenna Von Oy as Trinket St. Blaire