|Spice of Life|
|Written By||Mirith JS Colao|
|Directed By||Brad Goodchild|
|Original Airdate||November 12, 2000|
Pepper Ann wonders if it would kill grouchy Old Lady Groober to be nice for once. She's horrified when she hears that Old Lady Groober has died, and even more horrified when she finds out the woman was Vera's mother. Vera tells Pepper Ann that Old Lady Groober actually admired her for her spunk, and asks if Pepper Ann would say a few words at the funeral. However, she can't think of anything to say that doesn't sound hypocritical.
Milo: Hey, could you guys start calling me 'Old Man Kamalani'?
Dieter: Okay, I'm through.
Pepper Ann: Quit singing!
- We find out in this episode that Vera was apparently married at one point, as the name plate on her desk reads "Vera Schwartz, nee Groober". It's unknown if she still has a husband, but it seems probable that she's a widow.
- This episode is dedicated to Paddi Edwards, who voiced Vera. According to IMDb, she passed away on October 18, 1999, over a year before this episode aired.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Old Lady Groober's Neighbor
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- April Winchell as Mom, Old Lady Nelson
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Tress MacNeille as Old Lady Groober
- Don Adams as Principal Hickey
- Kenny Blank(?) as Funeral Director