|Dances with Ignorance|
|Written By||Edward Guzelian|
|Directed By||Brad Goodchild|
|Original Airdate||September 18, 1999|
|Previous||"You Oughta Be in Musicals"|
The class has to write a report on their family history for Mr. Finky's Social Studies class. Pepper Ann learns that she is 1/16th Navajo and is excited to celebrate her heritage, so she invites a Navajo family over to learn more about the culture.
But when she relies on stereotypes instead of learning more about the people, the Navajo family is justifiably offended.
Pepper Ann: There's gotta be something more exciting than that! Isn't there a chance that one of our ancestor's DNA was fused with extra terrestrials?
Grandpa Leo: Didn't your Aunt Gertrude have an extra thumb on her left hand?
- The title of this episode is a spoof of the 1990 film Dances with Wolves.
- This episode was released on VHS along with "The Tell Tale Fuzzy". While being the only time Pepper Ann was officially released on video, it was not available for purchase by the public, and was primarily used in schools and public libraries.
The Desk GagEdit
"Haha cool, maracas!"
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Grandpa Leo, Dieter Liederhosen, Additional Voices
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Segall as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Grandma Lillian
- Irene Bedard as Carol
- Don Lake as Mr. Sherman Finky
- Maurice Lamarche as Chuck Pearson
- Cody Lightning as Dave
- Gregg Rainwater as Bob, Andy
- Cree Summer-Francks as Tessa and Vanessa James